Thursday, July 26, 2007

It's a Miracle






Well, well, the tide seems to be turning, at least a little. My police report made it to Rachel at FTIA this morning, just in time for her to hand carry it to Vietnam. I pleaded with the consulate in my cover letter to rush it out and mail it by Tuesday (they received it Monday), but I didn't really expect it to happen! So a big cosmic THANK YOU to the people at the consulate for helping me out on this. Now I just wait to hear if the IAD will accept it before I let my breath out completely.

This past Saturday we went to the Dragon Boat Races in Chinatown and met some of the members of Families with Children from Vietnam. Everyone was super nice, and we even got to meet a little cutie pie that just came home a few months ago. There were also families who adopted before the shut down (their kids are about 5 years old or older) and some who are in the process of waiting like us. I'm going to try to attempt to add pictures... Ok, well the pictures are here but I can't figure out how to move them from the top to where I want them (i.e. here). I'll learn it later. Anyway, The first picture is the dragon boats -- check out the person reaching out over the bow to grab the flag... I want that job. :) Next is John and Ethan enjoying the day, Jack and his new friend Thomas, and finally, Ethan all tuckered out after a long day. It was a lot of fun, and we loved meeting the other families.

P.S. You should be able to click on the images to enlarge them, then just click your back button to return to the blog.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats on getting your document FINALLY taken care of! Yay! The FCV festival looks fun, maybe next year we will be able to make it.

Kathryn said...

Christina - To move the pictures, go to Edit Post, click on the edit HTML tab, highlight all the stuff above where you start writing your post. and move it to where you want it. Just play around with it, that is how I learned to do a lot of stuff.

By the way, I tagged you; check out my 7/30/07 post!