Monday, May 14, 2007

It Passed Inspection!

The new and improved I-171H arrived at our door Saturday. We had planned to go to the public library that day to *finally* get our library cards, so I took the paperwork there to copy it. And of course I checked out three books on adoption before we left. Jack was so excited he wouldn't let go of his library card for hours!

Then it was off to the post office where I personally handed over the Priority Envelope at the counter rather than leave it in a box outside. Are we overly cautious now? Heck yeah!

This evening I got an email from Kathy at FTIA saying that our I-171H was received today, reviewed, and was perfect! Our dossier is now being sent on to Vietnam. Rachel, the head Vietnam coordinator at FTIA, also emailed me and said that our dossier would be sent to Vietnam in the next batch to go out, which will be Monday May 21.

We are so excited to be done with the paper chase! Now we're what they call Paper Pregnant. :)

Just wanted to pass on the latest.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Congrats on being DTV! You seem to have gone through a lot during this process. Much luck to you and yours, may your wait be shorter than expected.

Sue L.
Fingerprinted on May 7th/waiting on final copy of homestudy...