Tuesday, March 10, 2009

***** WE GOT OUR REFERRAL!!!!!! *****

She is a beautiful baby girl about 6 months old! I am in complete shock. I was not expecting it to happen so soon. I spent the rest of the day yesterday after the call alternating between grinning and crying.

The agency wasn't able to get ahold of me, so they called John and told him at work, and then he called me. It took me about 5 minutes to believe it was true. Then we sat on the phone together repeatedly hitting the refresh button on our computers waiting for the email with all of her information and that long awaited picture. The first thing I thought when I saw her was, "Oh my God, she's beautiful!" and the second was, "Can I be instantly biased?" :) But my mom thinks she's beautiful, too, so it must be true. LOL

That is one of the most amazing parts of this: my mom was suppose to visit last October, but it had to be postponed, so she's visiting now. I am so, so happy that she got to be here when we got the news.

I wish I could give you all more details and post her picture, but the Ethiopian government prohibits any public posting of a child's image or information until she is legally adopted. If all goes well, the courts should rule us her legal parents in about 2 months. About a month after that we will travel to Ethiopia to meet our daughter and bring her home!

We could not be more excited!

5 comments:

KelleyO said...

Woo hoo!! Congratulations!!!!! I am so happy for you!

Kelley O
www.bunnysmom.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Its about time too.

Elaine said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations! I know you have gone through a lot to get to this point and can only imagine your joy. Yay!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Christine and John, I am so incrediably happy for you! I cannot wait to see her and meet her. I know how badly you wanted this and I remember talking on the boat this past summer about it and wondering if it would ever happen! IT IS HAPPENING!!!! I am thrilled for you! love Holly and Paul

Jen said...

I am so excited for you guys! You have waited for so long for this and your dream is finally coming true. Can't wait to see pictures of her!